QA TESTER (January 2015 - Present)
TT Fusion / Warner Bros. Games
Project: LEGO Jurassic World
- Investigating titles across multiple consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Communicating with project lead to discuss major issues and concerns.
- Submitting issues found in areas such as audio and gameplay mechanics using JIRA bug tracking application.
- Making suggestions to the development team in order to improve the title.
- Taking part in completing different tests such as Destructive testing and Smoke testing.
- Completing test cases.
QA FUNCTIONALITY TESTER (August 2013 - September 2014)
Sony Computer Entertainment (Liverpool Studio)
- Little Big Planet 3 (PS3 / PS4)
- DriveClub (PS4)
- Singstar 2014 (PS3 / PS4)
Projects Uncredited (Short Term Work):
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Minecraft (PS3 / PS4)
- The Hungry Horde (PS VITA)
- SCE Live (Video Streaming Application - PS3)
Main Work Base:
- SCEE Liverpool Studio
Temporary Onsite Work:
- Sumo Digital
- Evolution Studios
- Testing a range of first party titles on PS4 / PS3 / PS Vita.
- Investigating titles for defects and reporting them using DevTrack.
- Audio compliance testing to ensure titles meet the guideline.
- Assisting in the assessment of content against alpha/beta entry criteria and test exit criteria.
- Confirmation & Regression Testing on new builds and updating bug status.
- Completing and creating Test Cases using MS Excel.
- Completing Daily Status Reports.
- Assisting in proof reading bug report.
SOUND DESIGNER (May 2014 - September 2014)
Phyersoft (Remote Work / Contract)
- Creating and optimising SFX for interactive gameplay in a 2D Arcade puzzle game called "Barricade".
- Discussing improvements with the production manager on a daily basis.
- Using Foley and synthesis techniques for appropriate and stylistic SFX using DAW packages such as Logic Pro.
AUDIO ENGINEER / SOUND DESIGNER / PROMOTER (October 2009 - June 2013)
University of Chester
Working as a sound designer and music composer on a number of projects, including university events such as 'Inside the Creative Industry' and remote work for independent games.
- Talent searching and recruiting two artists for recording projects.
- Organising and facilitating Recording / Editing / Mixing / Mastering tracks to a professional standard.
- Creating promotional material such as cover art.
- Executing 'Aspiration Live' music event under the role Ticker Co-ordinator, Backstage Manager and Assistant Events Organiser.
- Sound design and music production for a short animation clip involving foley/synthesis techniques, studio recording within a team of three Audio artists.
- Voluntarily facilitating audio recording / production for a local youth charity to promote confidence in users.
AUDIO INTEGRATION FACILITATOR (May 2012 - October 2012)
MIND in Chester (Charity Work Experience)
- Designing sounds and editing / triggering Dialogue for 'Julian and the Revolving Door' stage play.
- Aiding in the planning and implementation of soundscape therapy groups, which focused on ambient work using synthesis.
- Creating rehearsals and music workshops that will encourage and promote confidence in volunteers/service users.
- Planning and creating of fundraising events that include sound design by service users.
- Promoting and creating a music group that continued beyond the end of work placement.
- The School of Video Game Audio - Audiokinetic Wwise (reel can be viewed in Portfolio)
- Personal Development learning from books such as 'The Game Audio Tutorial', 'Mixing Audio - Concepts, Practises & Tools', and 'The Sound Effects Bible'.
- University of Chester - Degree - BA (Hons) Commercial Music Production
- Berklee College of Music (Coursera Online Course) - Introduction to Ableton Live
- Emory University (Coursera Online Course) - Introduction to Sound Design
- Emory University (Coursera Online Course) - Python Scripting Basics
- ATM Studios Birmingham - Advanced Diploma in Popular Music.
- ECDL Foundation - Microsoft Packages [Word / Excel / Access / Powerpoint]
FURTHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT / TRAINING
- Warner Bros. Standards of Business Conduct
- Warner Bros. Avoiding and preventing Insider Trading
- Warner Bros. Social Media Awareness
- Warner Bros. Conflicts of Interest
- Project Management
- Stress Management
- Networking Skills
- Online Presence Skills
- Work Place Communication